Achievement Center is looking for volunteers who are willing to help with children and adults with disabilities. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Providing computer training.
- Reading and Math
- Assisting students to learn functional living skills
- Office assistance
- Fundraising events
- and much more!
Interested? Call 972 414-7700 and ask for Margie Rodriguez. Please note that criminal history checks will be conducted on all regularly scheduled volunteers.
The Achievement Center is a licensed, non-profit day care and day habilitation center specializing in the care and training of children and adults with disabilities and other special needs in the Dallas metroplex. We depend on the generosity of our supporters to help us so that we can continue to provide high quality services in a loving atmosphere. This is an expensive undertaking, but there are many ways one can help.
WAYS YOU CAN HELP!
1.We are part of the 2015 Combined Federal Campaign. If you, or someone you know, works for the Federal Government, please encourage them to choose Achievement Center of Texas when designating their employee payroll contributions. Our Combined Federal Campaign number is 85765.
2.We have also been accepted for the 2012 State and Local Employee’s Contribution Campaign. If you or anyone you know works for the State of Texas, the County or the City of Dallas, please encourage them to designate their employee contributions to the Achievement Center of Texas. Our SECC number is: 283091.
These campaigns are very important to us and you can help us get the word out.
3. We are developing a coffee house to offer our students, families and friends an opportunity to get together and enjoy good music, share their own talents (KARAOKE ANYONE?), enjoy good coffee (lots of flavors) and have a chance to test the waters in trying new songs with backup musicians. This program is in the development stages and if someone would like to help out with this project, we are needing people to market the coffee shop, perform, help build the stage, contact performers and volunteer to be “buddies” for the students who want to participate. If you are interested, please contact Marilynne Serie at (972) 414-7700.
4. If you shop at Tom Thumb, please have your Tom Thumb card registered to the Achievement Center of Texas. Our number is 4833.
5. If you shop at Target, please stop in at the service desk and ask that your Target card be registered to the Achievement Center of Texas.
6. If you shop at Albertson’s, stop in and register your Albertson’s card to the Achievement Center of Texas.
7. If you shop at Kroger, please have your Kroger Plus card registered to the Achievement Center. Kroger, Albertsons, Tom Thumb and Target give us 1% of the purchases made on those cards. There is no cost to you and designating the Achievement Center of Texas significantly helps us financially.
8. Amazon rewards program http://smile.amazon.com/ch/75-1339397
DO YOU HAVE AN OLD CAR, VAN OR TRUCK TO DONATE, CALL CHARITY MOTORS AT (972)CHARITY or online at http://www.charitymotors.org and specify you want your donation to go to the Achievement Center of Texas. You can still claim Fair Market Blue Book Value for your donation on your taxes; the donation is 100% tax deductible and pick up is free. And great news, the Achievement Center receives the amount the car, van or truck is sold for less a small percentage that pays for this service.
Volunteer! …..The Achievement Center is always in need of volunteers. Groups or individuals are urged to call the Center. Direct care volunteer positions require an initial orientation. Call Margie Rodriguez (972) 414-7700